I have terminal sickness and I wants to leave allthe benefits to my kids and grandkids nothing to my husband what i have to do

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

My name is Marta Rivera i am married and working for disney 20 years

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Daniel Todd Fleischer

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation. You need to meet with a qualified estate planning attorney in order to accomplish your goals. In addition to a Trust, you should have a
    Living Will, Durable Power of Attorney, and Health care Surrogate. He or she will ask you many questions, such as, is your husband the father of your children, do you have a prenuptial agreement, what are the approximate values of your assets and how are they titled or if they have any beneficiary designations. In Florida a surviving spouse is entitled the "elective share"which is roughly 30% of your estate. There are special rules with your homestead. Stay strong for youself and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

  2. Alejandro Rafael Lopez

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I'm very sorry to hear that. The best way would be to create a trust. In our countries they used to call it a "fideicomiso".

    Alejandro R. Lopez, Esq.
    Law Office of Alejandro R. Lopez, P.A.
    4465 Edgewater Dr.,
    Suite A
    Orlando, Fla. 32804
    (407) 649-1404
    E-mail: ALopez2827@gmail.com

  3. Robert L. Brenna Jr.

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I am so sorry to hear of your dilemma. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I do not practice in Florida, but it seems to me that the first attorney that just answered you is within your area geographically, and he seems to have a real understanding of your background, and the area of the law you will be dealing with. I have not met him, but I would suggest you check with him about getting an appointment in the very near future. Of course it would be wise to ask a few other folks in your area about his reputation, but I was very impressed with the way he responded to you, as well as how quickly he responded.

    Best wishes,
    Bob Brenna Jr.
    Brenna Brena and Boyce PLLC
    Rochester, New York 14614

    Bob, Robert L. Brenna, Jr. No relationship is intended, agreed upon or accepted by answering this general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,088 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,088 answers this week

3,208 attorneys answering