I have TB scars showing in my X-ray , But i don`t have active TB . Will it effect My K1 Visa ..?

In 2006 I was suffered from TB. I completed my treatment for 8 months..and the Dr. afterward told me that "now i don`t have TB anymore" I had my Physical exam in other country too and they failed my X-ray results said in report "Scars of Old Healed TB" I want to know it would effect my K1 Visa ??? I have done my sputum test negative .

Parkston, SD -

Haroen Calehr

Haroen Calehr

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

You "may" need to file a waiver of inadmissibility worse case scenario on form I-601 BUt if you can secure medical recommendations or proof that your TB is no longer active you ought to be ok. It all depends on the physician/civil surgeon you are using who is approved by the US embassy in the country you are applying from or state/city here in the US and whether they make some negative recommendation/derogatory comment in your I-693 or limited medical exam if your overseas and then you can also seek a second opinion I recall or even the no objection letter from the CDC in Atlanta In vaguely recall. Has there already been a denial from the embassy stating your inadmissible to the US due to the TB scar even though your sputum test is negative?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

Immigration Attorney - Portland, OR

I agree with Mr. Calehr's answer.

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

I agree with my colleagues answers