I have TB scars showing in my X-ray , But i don`t have active TB . Will it effect My K1 Visa ..?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Parkston, SD

In 2006 I was suffered from TB. I completed my treatment for 8 months..and the Dr. afterward told me that "now i don`t have TB anymore" I had my Physical exam in other country too and they failed my X-ray results said in report "Scars of Old Healed TB" I want to know it would effect my K1 Visa ??? I have done my sputum test negative .

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Haroen Calehr


    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You "may" need to file a waiver of inadmissibility worse case scenario on form I-601 BUt if you can secure medical recommendations or proof that your TB is no longer active you ought to be ok. It all depends on the physician/civil surgeon you are using who is approved by the US embassy in the country you are applying from or state/city here in the US and whether they make some negative recommendation/derogatory comment in your I-693 or limited medical exam if your overseas and then you can also seek a second opinion I recall or even the no objection letter from the CDC in Atlanta In vaguely recall. Has there already been a denial from the embassy stating your inadmissible to the US due to the TB scar even though your sputum test is negative?

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Mr. Calehr's answer.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues answers

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics

K1 fiance visa

If you are a US citizen and are engaged to someone who is not, there are several options for bringing your fiance(e) to the United States.

Lani M. Nau

Who Can File a Fiance K Visa?

Petitioning for a Fiance K Visa In order to qualify to file for a fiance (K) visa, you must be a U.S. citizen, able to marry, have personally met your fiance within two years before filing... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,688 answers this week

2,761 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,688 answers this week

2,761 attorneys answering