I have TB scars showing in my X-ray , But i don`t have active TB . Will it effect My K1 Visa ..?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Parkston, SD

In 2006 I was suffered from TB. I completed my treatment for 8 months..and the Dr. afterward told me that "now i don`t have TB anymore" I had my Physical exam in other country too and they failed my X-ray results said in report "Scars of Old Healed TB" I want to know it would effect my K1 Visa ??? I have done my sputum test negative .

1. Haroen Calehr

Pro

6

Answered . You "may" need to file a waiver of inadmissibility worse case scenario on form I-601 BUt if you can secure medical recommendations or proof that your TB is no longer active you ought to be ok. It all depends on the physician/civil surgeon you are using who is approved by the US embassy in the country you are applying from or state/city here in the US and whether they make some negative recommendation/derogatory comment in your I-693 or limited medical exam if your overseas and then you can also seek a second opinion I recall or even the no objection letter from the CDC in Atlanta In vaguely recall. Has there already been a denial from the embassy stating your inadmissible to the US due to the TB scar even though your sputum test is negative?

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I agree with Mr. Calehr's answer.

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues answers