I have started a business repairing credit and filing bankruptcy's as a petition preparer.

Louisville, KY |

Since starting my business we have been continuously harassed by a Federal Court Judge in the Western District. He has fined use repeatedly for no reason other than to get the money from our people to pay their fees to the court. In our district they do not receive federal money concerning bankruptcy so the local attorney's fail to mention to the no asset clients they are considered fee waivers. These are people with very few options financially. They are being denied their rights and we are continuously being harassed. How can I put a stop to this travesty? No attorney's in the local area will touch our case and are intimidated by the judge in question that was assigned by President: Gerald Ford

1. There must be a basis in law for the fines. Judges do not fine debtors or there petition preparers for no reason.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
    Mr. Larkin is licensed to practice law in CA and is located in San Diego. His response here does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter in question. Many times the questioner may leave out details which would make the reply unsuitable. Mr. Larkin strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their own state to acquire more information about the specifics of their case.