Skip to main content

I have sponsered a person from affrica to work in my home

Huston, ID |

I have sponsered a person from Africa to work in my home. She got the visa on 2006. After 2 years she quit from my home . Now she is working in another home as a baby sitter . I do understand that it is illegal to work . If immigartion caught her, should I have to face the court ? I sponsered that person . What would be that action from the court against me And that person?

Attorney Answers 2


Please report the problem to the USCIS. You should make it clear that this was an independent decision by the foreigner. Keep a copy of what you report along with proof of mailing for your records. In the future, this can help document what happened.

Call: 888.483.0311. Information provided is general in nature and is not legal advice to be relied upon for any particular matter.

Mark as helpful


If you did not violate the law, there would be no repercussions on you.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Recommended articles about Employment

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics