Skip to main content

I have some questions about green card application.

Owasso, OK |

I live in the U.S. I was on student visa but I've been out of status for about a year now. But I got married to an American citizen almost a year now. I haven't applied for a Green card because my wife doesn't make enough income so we were looking for a Joint sponsor and we were waiting to get all the money ready. Now I found a Joint sponsor but he lives in another state, we agreed that I'm going to send him all the green card forms and he is going to fill out the I-864 and mail everything for me to the USCIS
Will it be Ok to mail him all the forms and he will mail them to the USCIS with his I-864 affidavit of support? what Taxes forms exactly should he and my wife send, the W2?
should they send all 3 recent years taxes?
What office should we apply to, we live in Owasso, OK?
thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


It should be OK. What you should really do is try and hire an immigration attorney. You will save yourself a lot of effort, hassle and money in the long run.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

L. Vincent Ramunno Jr.

L. Vincent Ramunno Jr.


This is excellent advice. The poster if he's reading it would be well advised to follow it.


I agree with my colleague. This can be a somewhat confusing process and given your current status (or lack thereof), you may want to have an experienced immigration attorney sit down and meet with you to make sure everything is in order to prevent any future problems or delays. Best of luck.

This response is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Every case is different and it is important to obtain sound legal advise from an experienced immigration attorney before filing an application. If you would like to schedule a free consultation to discuss your situation further, please contact us at (479) 717-2278. We have offices located in Springdale, AR and Fayetteville, AR.


You have a lot going on here, your post shows you have a wide array of issues, you should consider hiring a local immigration lawyer asap, it will almost surely improve your chances, good luck.


Go into the USCIS website and read about "adjustment of status". Those instructions explain what you need to do and where to file. It is of course best if you get yourselves an immigration lawyer, to assure smooth and efficient, mistake- free filing which will save you a lot of money, time and hardship.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer