I have signed papers to have my daughter adopted and have realized its not what I want. how do I get my baby back?

Asked about 1 year ago - East Northport, NY

I signed an agreement of surrender and release and a waiver of notice of hearing of adoption. the adoption agency said I do not have any legal rights. I live in n.y. and signed the papers in new York. the agency is in new jersey.

1. Mary Katherine Brown

Pro

2

4

Answered . It is possible that "final" isn't yet, but only an attorney who has fully reviewed all the papers and gathered all the relevant facts will be able to tell you. I suggest you contact an attorney immediately for a confidential consultation. Good luck!

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

1

Answered . Contact an attorney immediately in the area where the adoption took place. Depending when it was signed you could possibly rescind the agreement.

3. Howard E. Knispel

Pro

3

Answered . It maybe difficult (but not impossible) to undo what you signed. This is why people should hire attorneys to fully explain everything before you do something you might regret. Contact a local attorney where the adoption is taking place to explain what rights you may have.