I have signed all the contracts put a down payment ,but now I want to pull out of the contract , the bank did not approve loan

Seattle, WA |

I have signed all the contracts put a down payment ,but now I want to pull out of the contract , the bank did not approve the loan yet and I haven't given them proof of income . Is there a way out?

You have to read your contract to find the answer to whether you can get out of the contract. You have a good faith obligation to do all things necessary that are contemplated by your documents, such as apply for the loan and supply the necessary documentation requested by the bank.

You could check with a local consumer lawyer to assure that the seller did everything proper to bind you to the contract, but without seeing the documentation, no one can give you a good answer. Check on Avvo for a local attorney who practices in the area of consumer law.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER HELPFUL PLEASE MARK IT SO. The answers provided by R. Russell O’Rourke, Attorney-at-Law as a free informational service only. Without thoroughly reviewing your case neither I nor any other attorney can give you a complete answer upon which you could or should rely. Your reading of this or any of my answers does not create an attorney client relationship between us. Legal cases are often very fact specific and need a qualified attorney to properly review ALL of your materials and fully discuss your case with you before you decide the right course of action to take. YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN PERSON who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

You need to look at the terms of the contract you signed. It is fairly common for there to be a clause which allows the contract to be rescinded without penalty if the buyer was unable to obtain financing after making a good-faith effort to do so.

The information contained herein is not an invitation to create an attorney-client relationship, and transmission and receipt of the information does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. While we make every reasonable effort to provide accurate information, the information is not guaranteed to be complete or to reflect the most current legal developments at the time of publication.

I agree with the previous answers. You must look at the contract and see if there is an out clause. Likely, without proof of income, the bank will not approve the loan. However, you should speak to your bank immediately. Also, you should also look into the issue of whether you would be able to recoup your down payment.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here

Lemon law topics

Recommended articles about Lemon law