I have several surgeries due to injuries at work due to repetitive motion. What are my chances to get a settlement?

Bethlehem, PA |

I have four surgeries on my arms: ulnar nerve transposition, Dquervains desease, carpal tunel syndrome, removal of a ganglion cyst and I currently suffer from epicondolitis for which I possibly need surgery too.

1. If you have a permanent injury, settlment is likely. However, if you're still in the process of getting treatment, it's too early. You will need to know the extent of your injury, any permanent loss of use of your arms, and the possibility of future medical care. These factors, among others, allow an attorney to estimate a value of your claim and negotiate a fair settlement. If you don't already have an attorney, now would be a good time to sit down for a free initial consultation to have your questions answered. I'm licensed in Illinois, but if you need a referral, I can recommend someone in your area. Feel free to call. 1-800-807-9530. Good luck.

2. The chances for a settlement depends on the nature of your injuries and whether your treating doctor is saying your injuries occurred over time and are occupational. If your injuries are considered occupational, it could involve several different worker’s comp. carriers. When you are dealing with multiple carriers it can delay any settlement of your claim because the comp. carriers usually fight over how much each of them will pay.

You need to contact a local worker's comp. attorney ASAP to help you out given the complexity of your injuries.

3. From your question, I am presuming you are already receiving PA workers' compensation benefits. In that case, the responsible employer/insurance carrier has already been identified, so that is no longer an issue. I agree with the thoughts expressed above - I hesitate to see anyone settle a case (especially settle the entire case, both wage and medical) when there may be additional surgery. I would urge you to consult with an experienced PA workers' compensation attorney, whether my office or another, to get advice specific to your case.

Glenn Neiman
    www.bnlegal.com

4. I would agree with Glenn for the reasons that he stated. FYI, most PA WC claims settle. The question is just when. If you are considering settlement then don't leave money on the table. Sit down with an experienced PA WC attorney. Best of luck to you with your claim.

5. In order to fully access your case, you would be best served by seeking the services of an attorney. You should bring any workers' compensation paperwork with you and any medicals records you may have. If you don't have the records, be prepared to sign a release so that your attorney can obtain them. You can contact my offices for an appointment. I offer free initial consultations. I can be reached at 610 372-0101. Scott Rigdon, Esq.

6. In order to fully access your case, you would be best served by seeking the services of an attorney. You should bring any workers' compensation paperwork with you and any medicals records you may have. If you don't have the records, be prepared to sign a release so that your attorney can obtain them. You can contact my offices for an appointment. I offer free initial consultations. I can be reached at 610 372-0101. Scott Rigdon, Esq.