I have served summons and amended cross-complaint to additional cross-defendant. OC filed Answer for plaintiff.

Asked about 1 year ago - Van Nuys, CA

The new cross-defendant did not file Answer. Court record shows she is not represented by an attorney or by OC. She is the partner of the partnership I am counter-suing. Is that why she doesn't have to file Answer or have an attorney on record?

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

Answered . If you filed a cross complaint then they have to answer or you default them.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

Answered . The court will require you to take the cross-defendant's default. If you don't, an OSC will be issued against you to show why you haven't.

3. Glenn Tadaomi Honda Jr.

Answered . The partnership issue is not in her favor, it does not excuse her from answering the complaint. In fact, if you get a default against her you it may result in your obtaining your damages from the other defendant (depending on the "partnership"). You should file your default. However, keep in mind that defaults are pretty easy to set aside.