Skip to main content

I have scoliosis, bipolar,sever anxiety and i have been in two very bad car accidents i was turned down by ssdi i need a lawyer

Fitchburg, MA |

i need a lawyer can you please help me find a lawyer in fitchburg mass i need to do my appeal please feel free to contact my home phone [removed] im begging you avvo please please help me i need a great lawyer please i know i cant work i hurt 24/7 i can barely even clean my home with my parents please

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


First of all, posting private identifying information in a public forum like this is unwise. Contact Avvo customer service to have your post edited.

The best source for the attorney you need is a referral from

Best wishes for a favorable outcome, and please remember to designate a best answer.

This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.



im sorry about that


Try the “Find a Lawyer” feature her on Avvo

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm Serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

Philadelphia Area Office
223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. Without the benefit a personal consultation to exploe all of the facts of your legal problem, the information in this posting may be inaccurate and for that reason it should not be relied upon. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.



i live in mass

Stewart C Crawford Jr.

Stewart C Crawford Jr.



Others have given you advice about locating an attorney. Be advised that many state bars prohibit attorneys from contacting you. Also do not be discouraged- often a denial can be challenged and first filing denials appear to be common in a lot of states.


I agree with the others that you should try to have your phone number removed from your post.

Know that in 2012 ,67% of initial applications were denied. However, many people successfully appeal their initial decision. Your notice of decision should tell you how many days you have to appeal your decision. It is important to file for reconsideration or a hearing before that deadline. If you call a lawyer make sure they know when your deadline is.

DISCLAIMER: This does not constitute legal advice, and is provided for informational purposes only, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. I am only licensed to practice in NH and Massachusetts.



Thank you sir


Everybody is giving you some great advice. Please take the opportunity to do your homework when trying to find an attorney. A lot of attorneys have websites and blogs and give you the opportunity to complete a free claim evaluation or free consultation so they determine if they can help you.

Good luck


Please do not post private information in this public forum. Hopefully Avvo will remove it. You can find many good lawyers by clicking on the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of this page.


Here are some contact sources:

You may contact your local city, county or state bar association to see if they have a lawyer referral program, or you may contact your local legal aid office if you cannot afford an attorney.

You may also contact the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives (NOSSCR) for the name and email address or telephone number of attorneys in your area. The telephone number for the lawyer referral service of NOSSCR is 1-800-431-2804. NOSSCR's website is

In addition, you can find a Board certified specialist in Social Security by contacting the National Board of Trial Advocacy. They evaluate lawyers (independently) in many types of claims and require extensive experience and testing before a lawyer is certified. They have a section specifically for Social Security: The National Board of Social Security Disability Advocacy, Divisions of the National Board of Legal Specialty Certification.

Their link is:

You may also contact NADR (National Association of Disability Representatives) – automated Telephone Referral System at 1-800-747-6131.

Most attorneys who do any amount of Social Security work are members of NOSSCR and provide a free initial consultation. In any event, no attorney may charge a fee for work on a social security claim until it has been approved by Social Security. The fee limit is a maximum of 25% of past due or back due benefits you are owed, and many lawyers charge less than the full 25%, and the money is not paid until your claim has been approved.

I hope this information helps. Good luck to you!
Please remember to designate a best answer to your question

The exact answers to questions like this require more information than presented. The answer(s) provided should be considered general information. The information provided by this is general advice, and is not legal advice. Viewing this information is not intended to create, and does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. It is intended to educate the reader and a more definite answer should be based on a consultation with a lawyer. You should not take any action that might affect your claim without first seeking the professional opinion of an attorney. You should consult an attorney who can can ask all the appropriate questions and give legal advice based on the exact facts of your situation. The general information provided here does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Social security topics

Recommended articles about Social security

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer