I have retraining orders through family court, and I complaint about the emails I have received from my ex. but the file closed

Asked about 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I called the non emergency number and reported about the emails, police took all the details and gave me the case number, when I try to get the copy of the report, they said they have closed the case because it s not showing any threats. but still I am getting the emails from my ex husband. my question is can I request the law enforcement to fill the U non immigrant status certification form ? since they already closed the case If I get it, will it be worth to get U visa. please help me.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Celeste Evening Star Donnelly Miller

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on whether there was investigation into the case and whether the police department will say that you were helpful in the investigation. From your short description, it sounds like the case was not investigated. But I think you should contact an immigration attorney, and if you are feeling threatened by your ex, don't give up on trying to get the police to investigate.

    This information is very general and should not be taken as specific legal advice. This answer to this question... more
  2. Patrick Owen Earl


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Sounds like your matter/question is more along the lines of an immigation question so I changed the practice area above to immigration. Good Luck to you.

  3. Bruce Clement

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . On the RO issue, I would talk to the DV advocates at the King County Courthouse. On the immigration issue, make an appointment for a free 1/2 hour consultation with an immigration attorney.

    This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you... more
  4. Henry Lebensbaum

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should file a motion to vacate the order and attach copies of the emails.

    henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

    Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex... more

Related Topics

Domestic violence

Domestic violence is physically, sexually, emotionally, economically, or mentally abusive behavior used to control an intimate romantic partner.

Restraining order and criminal defense

A restraining order is a court order that requires you to do, or refrain from doing, certain actions. It is often used in stalking or domestic violence cases.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,082 answers this week

3,460 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,082 answers this week

3,460 attorneys answering