I have retraining orders through family court, and I complaint about the emails I have received from my ex. but the file closed

Seattle, WA |

I called the non emergency number and reported about the emails, police took all the details and gave me the case number, when I try to get the copy of the report, they said they have closed the case because it s not showing any threats. but still I am getting the emails from my ex husband. my question is can I request the law enforcement to fill the U non immigrant status certification form ? since they already closed the case If I get it, will it be worth to get U visa. please help me.

1. Sounds like your matter/question is more along the lines of an immigation question so I changed the practice area above to immigration. Good Luck to you.

2. It depends on whether there was investigation into the case and whether the police department will say that you were helpful in the investigation. From your short description, it sounds like the case was not investigated. But I think you should contact an immigration attorney, and if you are feeling threatened by your ex, don't give up on trying to get the police to investigate.

This information is very general and should not be taken as specific legal advice. This answer to this question does not create a lawyer-client relationship.

3. On the RO issue, I would talk to the DV advocates at the King County Courthouse. On the immigration issue, make an appointment for a free 1/2 hour consultation with an immigration attorney.

This AVVO Answer is provided for general educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client relationship between you and the attorney responding, and no attorney-client confidentiality. The law changes frequently, and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information provided in this Answer is general in nature and may not apply to the factual circumstances described in your question. The applicable law and the appropriate answer may be different in the State or States where the relevant facts occurred. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes

4. You should file a motion to vacate the order and attach copies of the emails.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.