I have retraining orders through family court, and I complaint about the emails I have received from my ex. but the file closed

Asked about 2 years ago - Seattle, WA

I called the non emergency number and reported about the emails, police took all the details and gave me the case number, when I try to get the copy of the report, they said they have closed the case because it s not showing any threats. but still I am getting the emails from my ex husband. my question is can I request the law enforcement to fill the U non immigrant status certification form ? since they already closed the case If I get it, will it be worth to get U visa. please help me.

1. Celeste Evening Star Donnelly Miller

9

Answered . It depends on whether there was investigation into the case and whether the police department will say that you were helpful in the investigation. From your short description, it sounds like the case was not investigated. But I think you should contact an immigration attorney, and if you are feeling threatened by your ex, don't give up on trying to get the police to investigate.

2. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

7

Answered . Sounds like your matter/question is more along the lines of an immigation question so I changed the practice area above to immigration. Good Luck to you.

3. Bruce Clement

7

Answered . On the RO issue, I would talk to the DV advocates at the King County Courthouse. On the immigration issue, make an appointment for a free 1/2 hour consultation with an immigration attorney.

4. Henry Lebensbaum

4

Answered . You should file a motion to vacate the order and attach copies of the emails.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- attorneylebensbaum@verizon.net (978) 749-3606.
    Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.