I have recently filed my DACA application , and i had 2 arrests on my name and i got arrested recently again , immigration

New York, NY |

After i gave in my biometrics last month , I was arrested again for criminal possession of marijuana ( less than a gram ) for which im yet to see the judge . This was my third marijuana arrest all together and 2 of them are sealed and dismissed , I need to know what to do at this point regarding my DACA application and i do have depositions for the other two arrests , also i have not disclosed the 2 arrests prior filing to them thinking it wasn't a conviction and im still waiting for a response from them , now that i was arrested again after filing and biometrics i am really confused what actions to take from hereon

You are in a serious situation. I hope you have a good criminal defense attorney taking care of your criminal issues. You also urgently need to consult with an immigration lawyer in your area. It better be a competent and experienced one.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Well your first mistake is trying to handles this on your own without an attorney. Your second mistake is not disclosing these arrests/convictions. Do you think immigration will not find out? Hire an attorney immediately, you are in a very serious situation and only making it worse for yourself.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I didnt disclose it not to keep it hidden, it was a handful of research i did on my own regarding convictions, but it wasnt until later when i found out that i was supposed to disclose it regardless of convictions or not

Consult an immigration attorney and make sure s/he communicates with your criminal defense attorney.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.

Recommended articles about Immigration