I have recently been charged with 1- Obst/justice 1- tresspassing on a tribal reservation. I was not cited on site

Lakeport, CA |

The tribe has been evicting families at the reservation. Recently the lake county sheriff has got involved. I have footage of the event and I was not obstructing or trespassing, i was assisting moving and carrying out a tribal ritual to send off my cousin his family and his home in our tribal customs. The LCSO and the tribal police then came in and started physically harming people and arresting people although we were conducting the last song and ceremony. during the song, which we hold very sacred, they were asking us questions and if we did not answer, mind you at 5:00 p.m.; they were considering it obstructing justice. I was not cited, read any miranda rights (neither was anyone else that was arrested), and I have been mailed a document to appear in court on March 26, 2013

This is a common police tactic. You must appear in Court and challenge this citation. A prosecutor will often dismiss these kinds of cases if you make an appearance.

This is not intended as legal advice. It is only provided for educational purposes and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Further no attorney client relationship is or has been formed by answering this question.

Thank you for giving some insight to the situation.

On another note, I just received another court appearance at a federal court hearing in Hopland California for the same obst justice charge for the same date.

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes