I have received ticket for not stopping at stop sign.Is it possible to remove this ticket from record?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Collins, CO

Having this ticket on record hurts with insurance premium. I do not have any points on my record. Does State Approved Traffic School is a great way to dismiss traffic ticket in state of Colorado? Any other ideas to lower insurance premium ?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Kent Joseph Leier

    Contributor Level 9


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You don't have to plead guilty. These types of cases are plead down on a regular basis and if you are willing to do traffic school that can be used in plea negotiations.

    Kent J. Leier
    The Leier Law Office

    The Leier Law Office, LLC, 110 East Oak St. Ste. 220, Fort Collins, CO. Call 970-682-4581 for a free consultation.... more
  2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Unfortunately you can not seal or expunge a traffic ticket from your record in CO.

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in... more
  3. Russell J Hebets

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . One of the most effective ways to lower insurance premiums is to shop carriers. While this doesn't really address the criminal issue, different carriers view minor traffic offenses differently.

    In terms of reducing the ticket offering to attend traffic school will help, you might also volunteer to do community service which isn't usually given on traffic tickets to help you get a reduction.

    These statements do not constitute legal advice. They are meant to be general in nature, for any specific legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,087 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,087 answers this week

3,155 attorneys answering