I have received my notice of action(I-797) on 04/8/2013 for my I-485 application based on Dv-lottery

Houston, TX |

but i am an F-1 status and my I-20 is going to expire on 05/12/2013 and my school is not willing to issue me another i-20. so please advise me what should i do? what are basis uscis may deny my i-485

It depends if your visa number is available. If you were in status when you filed for adjustment you should have no problem, as long as there is a visa available.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

A timely filed I-485 that meets all the requirements allows you to remain in the US while USCIS processes it.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Not if it was filed when you were still in valid nonimmigrant status.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Recommended articles about Immigration