I have received a notice that my wife filed divorce case what will happened if i will not reply to notice and not go to court

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

my wife file a divorce case in pensylvania and i live in chicago what can i do if i do not reply to notice and do not go to court what will happened, she want divorce even after i make many request to come back. in the petition she did not ask for any thing but divorce will she can add or be granted any alimony without me knowing and or after divorce she will be able to ask any alimony or any other thing

1. 3

Answered . You really need to consult with an attorney in Pennsylvania. The Constitution, and concepts of jurisdiction, limits what the courts may do, but different states interpret those limits differently. Get to a PA lawyer ASAP!

2. 3

Answered . Talk with an attorney in PA.

3. 2

Answered . She will be able to proceed with a default and she may be granted much if not all of what she's asking for without a contest. It would be foolish to not respond and assert your rights. Consult a Pennsylvania divorce lawyer for a review of the situation.