Skip to main content

I have received a notice that my wife filed divorce case what will happened if i will not reply to notice and not go to court

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Divorce court

my wife file a divorce case in pensylvania and i live in chicago what can i do if i do not reply to notice and do not go to court what will happened, she want divorce even after i make many request to come back. in the petition she did not ask for any thing but divorce will she can add or be granted any alimony without me knowing and or after divorce she will be able to ask any alimony or any other thing

Attorney Answers 3


You really need to consult with an attorney in Pennsylvania. The Constitution, and concepts of jurisdiction, limits what the courts may do, but different states interpret those limits differently. Get to a PA lawyer ASAP!

If you found this Answer to be helpful, please mark it as such. Remember, however, free advice is worth every penny you paid for it. This is only generalized commentary on your question. It is not to be taken as legal advice. I am a lawyer – but not your lawyer! Even "in person" interviews leave attorneys with plenty of questions – the Internet makes it crazy! Thank you Chuck Watson 217.544.6165

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Talk with an attorney in PA.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


She will be able to proceed with a default and she may be granted much if not all of what she's asking for without a contest. It would be foolish to not respond and assert your rights. Consult a Pennsylvania divorce lawyer for a review of the situation.

Disclaimer: This email message in no way creates an attorney client relationship between Majeski Law, LLC and the recipient. Responses are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice. You should consult a lawyer regarding any specific legal matter.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics