I have received a letter NY state DMV from medical review unit. To fill out an MV80U.1 form.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Maspeth, NY

Hello, My name is Kathleen Kelly. Back in may the 16th 2012 I pulled into my bank parking lot. I lost consciousness for a few seconds. Didnt hit any cars or people, just tapped their fence. The parking lot was just around the corner from my home. They contacted my brother at home he came around took my car. The police were there & took a report. I went to the Hospital to get checked. I'm 54 yrs old & never had a DUI etc. not even an accident. I 've been driving since i'm 18 yrs of age. I have no history of Drugs , unpaid tickets, criminal offenses etc.... I had test taken at the horpital nothing wrong. Just under alot of stress taking care of elderly mom. I've had my family doctor checkup with blood test etc.. & all I have is High Cholesterol. I don't take any meds for anythin

The only concern is when i read about this DMV stuff online, to me they make decisions. Being I never was arrested for DWI/DUI, unpaid tickets, traffic violations, they seem to make the decisions.
Being that way, it states that if they feel you need to take driving classes,l written test, driving test etc.... I'm 54 yrs old & have been driving since i'm 18 yrs old. If I had to pass a driving test or written test today I might fail because i'm used to driving my way. Plus I am not working at the moment after getting laid off from a wall street bank after 28 yrs plus 2 jobs during the economic crash of 2008, & I am taking care of my 82 year old mother who had a stroke & i'm am a single person now. I also applied for school crossing job & I don't know what the police have down on the record. It was not an accident. I just put a pint sized scrape on their fence right around the corner of my house. Plus my car insurance never notified me of anything. IT was not an accident accident.

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

5

1

Answered . They want proof you have a clean bill of health from your doctor for seizures etc...
    Speak to your doctor as they should know how to write the letter needed.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Arkady Bukh

Pro

5

1

Answered . It would seem that because of this sort of accident, State wants some reassurances from your doctor. Your doctor just needs to fill it out and if your health is as you report, then there will probably be no further problem.

3. Michael J Palumbo

Pro

3

2

Answered . You need to be very careful in answering the queries contained in the form. You should consult an attorney before answering.