I have received a letter from the USCIS denying my I -485 app. for adjustment of status as per 212(a)(6)(C)(i). I came to the US

Asked about 1 year ago - Troy, MI

I'm currently in Troy MI, married to US CITIZEN , with 3 US born children

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

6

Best Answer

Answered . Based on your statement, it appears that USCIS concluded that you made a misrepresentation to US immigration officials. Again, based on your statement, it appears that you might be eligible to apply for a waiver of this ground of inadmissibility. I strongly suggest that you consult with an immigration lawyer as soon as possible about the possibility of a waiver, and/or other options.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . You will need a waiver. Had you had an immigraiton lawyer on board, you would have known that by now and saved your money on refiling or reopening. You have 30 days to seek reopening and it will not be easy since it will be hard to convince USCIS that the documentation and information needed for the waiver was not available to you during the AOS interview. Hire an immigraiton attorney this time. Please do not continue waisting money and time.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . What misrepresentation did they accuse you of?

You will need a waiver ... hire a lawyer ... this is serious.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . You indicated that "I have received a letter from the USCIS denying my I -485 app". That sencence alone calls for a very attentive legal immigration practitioner to review your entire submission and remedy the situation as may be possible under these condidions.