I have received 2 notices regarding noise from my apt complex

Tampa, FL |

I have received 2 notices regarding noise from 11p to 7a. I have gone to the management office to ask for more information. I was told it could be my sliding door, cabinets etc. I told them im in bed during those hours could it be my dog jumping from my bed? Then I was informed if I get a 3rd notice i could get evicted. I submitted a letter to the office stating that I was not aware of any loud noises other than every day living and that I would be open to discussing this with the other tenant who is filing complaint. What else can I do? Can i be evicted?

While it is possible that your landlord could file a suit for eviction, your landlord would still have to convince the court that you were the cause of disturbing the peace and quiet enjoyment of your neighbors. Merely filing a law suit does not mean you would be automatically evicted.

I recommend sending a letter by certified mail to your landlord fully explaining why you dispute the noise complaint. They may claim they never received your first letter.

It is difficult to prove a negative, (i.e. that you did not make the noise), however, documenting your activities, when you leave, arrive, etc. might help. If you believe it is a neighboring tenant who is the source of the complaint, you might also ask the management to relocate you to another unit. It would at least show that you are trying to assist the management in resolving this issue.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information provided by this website is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be legal advice. Your use of this website, and/or the sending of information to the Fucillo Law Firm, P.L., does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please do not send us any confidential or privileged information until such time that an actual attorney/client relationship is actually established.

Recommended articles about Real estate