I have purchased a used car about a week ago. It was sold as is. I understand that "as is" cars give trouble.

Hattiesburg, MS |

Can I sue the dealer for not disclosing information about a wreck?I have the dealer recorded saying there is no major damage. I also have him recorded saying that he would replace the car if he can't fix what is broken. He is refusing to fix and replace the car. I have a warranty. Also I believe he is overcharging me for the car even though it has been in a wreck. I also had to buy a new battery which was not under warranty within the week. What can I do to sue or give this crook what he deserves?

1. You can file a complaint with the Attorney General's office of consumer protection. You will not be able to make a lemon law claim. As far as paying too much, that is a contract you agreed and made. Your only option may be a claim that he committed a fraud if he overtly and intentionally mislead you about no prior wrecks

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

2. Hmmm I'm not licensed in MS but I don't think you have a lemon law claim since the car was not new, but speak to a licensed attorney to determine whether the "as is" disclaimer of all warranties will stand because it is highly likely that it won't. I agree with the attorney above in contacting the BBB and consumer protection board about your complaints-- it may at least warn others about this particular company. As for the car and the repairs... Sometimes you get what you pay for. Good luck.

If this information was helpful, please indicate by clicking GOOD ANSWER and/or BEST ANSWER below. Keep in mind that the information is general, and if you reside outside my jurisdiction the laws may be different and applied differently in your current situation. The response here does not create an attorney-client relationship.