I have proof that my doctor withheld my medical condition. I have him on tape lying to me. What can and should I do with this?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

I was told because of this my hand will never be normal again. It is not my nature to let a doctor get away with this and I have what I need. I want to understand to be way to go about revealing this information.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Kevin Rindler Madison


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You may very well have a claim but understand that Medical Malpractice cases remain one of the most difficult types of cases to win in Texas. You need to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney immediately., Records will have to be obtained and an expert physician will have to be hired by your attorney to review the facts and medical records to determine whether your doctor breached the accepted "standard of care" for a physician practicing in that area of medicine in that locale. There is no easy answer here. If you want to call me I can give you names of several prominent medical malpractice attorneys to call. They do not charge for a consultation and if they accept your case it is on a percentage fee basis and if no recovery obtained, you usually don't owe them any money. Feel free to call me at 512-708-1650 or visit my website at www.kevinmadison.com and you can email me.

    If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think... more
  2. Don Karotkin

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . In addition to the potential medical malpractice issue which Mr. Madison has correctly identified and properly addressed, your post raises a serious medical ethics issue. The Texas Medical Practice Act prohibits licensed physicians from lying to patients. I suggest you report the physician to the Texas Medical Board. The Board cannot award you any money, but it can discipline the physician on a finding of unethical conduct. A link to the TMB website appears below.

    Good luck.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,170 answers this week

2,697 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,170 answers this week

2,697 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary