I have proof that my doctor withheld my medical condition. I have him on tape lying to me. What can and should I do with this?

Houston, TX |

I was told because of this my hand will never be normal again. It is not my nature to let a doctor get away with this and I have what I need. I want to understand to be way to go about revealing this information.

You may very well have a claim but understand that Medical Malpractice cases remain one of the most difficult types of cases to win in Texas. You need to consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney immediately., Records will have to be obtained and an expert physician will have to be hired by your attorney to review the facts and medical records to determine whether your doctor breached the accepted "standard of care" for a physician practicing in that area of medicine in that locale. There is no easy answer here. If you want to call me I can give you names of several prominent medical malpractice attorneys to call. They do not charge for a consultation and if they accept your case it is on a percentage fee basis and if no recovery obtained, you usually don't owe them any money. Feel free to call me at 512-708-1650 or visit my website at and you can email me.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

In addition to the potential medical malpractice issue which Mr. Madison has correctly identified and properly addressed, your post raises a serious medical ethics issue. The Texas Medical Practice Act prohibits licensed physicians from lying to patients. I suggest you report the physician to the Texas Medical Board. The Board cannot award you any money, but it can discipline the physician on a finding of unethical conduct. A link to the TMB website appears below.

Recommended articles about Personal injury