I have plates on my truck that are not mine. i did not steal them but i did put them on my truck bc my truck wudnt pass emmision

Asked almost 2 years ago - Chesterfield, MO

cops came to my apartment becuz i needed to file a report for another issue and when they did they saw that i had "stolen plates " on my truck (my boyfriend and i are legal owners and its in both our names). They asked me about it and i told them that it was my BF truck and he doesnt live here he just needed a spot to park his truck. They wanted to search my home and i eventually let them bc my bf wasnt home, and they ended up towing my truck away becuz of the :stolen plates". Technically one of the plates was a friends and the other i actually found in my front yard when i lived on telegraph/270. So i dont have a truck now and i am not sure how to go about getting it back

1. M. Todd Miller

Answered . Hire experienced legal counsel to negotiate a reasonable plea for you in that your actions, whether innocent or not, appear to have been in violation of the law as I know it in Missouri.