I have parental consent - what are the steps to getting married at age 17?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oceanside, CA

I'm 17 yrs. old, and my boyfriend is 18 and in the U.S. Army. He is currently deployed, but when he returns we want to get married. The biggest question was getting parental consent in the first place, which I now have. Now the question is, what is the legal process and what are the steps I need to take to obtain a marriage license/certificate and become legally married to my boyfriend at a Justice of the Peace?

1. Trevor L Hensley

Answered . Go to the local county courthouse and ask the court clerk. Each county has its own rules and processes for getting married. Ask the clerk for information about how to obtain a marriage license. If the clerk does not know she/he will refer you to the department that does.