Skip to main content

I have overstayed my visa and I'm from Atlanta going for a trip to Washington, DC by car.

Powder Springs, GA |

I don't have a DL and even I'm not driving either i will be on the passenger seat, do u think that there would be a problem bcoz i know that if i travel in the plane i will have problems by the TSA & if i travel in greyhound bus i will have the same problem by ICE . Do u think that i should be worried????

2nd question what if i travel through MEGA BUS???

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    You should be fine to travel by bus since you are nowhere close to the US border. Having used Mega Bus myself, I can say that they aren't interested in your status.

    This general advice does not create an attorney-client relationship.

  2. You should be fine travelling with greyhound.

    This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

  3. I agree with my colleague.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics