Skip to main content

I have over $3,000 in parking tickets. is there any reduced payment programs going on right now?

Chicago, IL |

steaming from 12 unpaid parking tickets that have more than doubled

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Yes. May not a lawyer


Amnesty programs are sometimes offered, but do not count on it. Your best bet is to CALL the court clerk for which these are pending, and ASK them about any such plans to wrap up all with a settlement. This is like having an IRS bill that you cannot pay.

Most traffic tickets get BUMPED up higher if not paid within a very SHORT window of time. 10 days is not unusual. So, your outstanding balance may be $3000, but $1500 to $200 may be penalties. Ask the clerk about being able to settle for the ORIGINAL fines, without penalties.

If that fails, then ask the clerk for the name of a very good LOCAL attorney who MAY be bale to step in on your behalf.

William C. Head

William C. Head


$1500 to $2000 may be penalties. Typo.


You might be able to work out a payment plan. Hiring a lawyer might help but is not required.


If these are Chicago parking tickets you are unlikely to get a reduction or amnesty. You may be able to get on a payment plan to avoid having your vehicle booted and impounded. Depending on how long they have gone unpaid you may be facing collection activity which will further increase the amount owed. For payment plan information you can contact the City of Chicago's Department of Revenue (312)742-0298 or by dialing 311 if you are in the City.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer