I have only 46 dollars in the bank. I am not employed. I own a houses that is in foreclosure. I am on public assistance.

Asked over 1 year ago - Trenton, NJ

The public defender turn me down for representation. The public defender office pushed off the trial 2 times already for not having discovery. Now they are not respresenting me because of the house the say is an asset. The trial is on Monday. Can the Judge make me represent myself? What am I going to do I have done everything? What do I tell the judge?

1. Mark M Cheser

Pro

2

1

Answered . Based on is new information it sounds like a Municipal Court matter. If it is not an offense of magnitude or if the Judge indicates a sentence of magnitude is not at issue you can be forced to defend yourself. But if you are indigent and it is a offense of magnitude this cannot be done. Bring proof of your lack of assists to the Court.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

Pro

2

1

Answered . You will have a chance to explain your financial situation to the judge. He may assign a PD after hearing you.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . This is a repeat question. See my earlier answer. Kindly do not repeat questions. Thanks. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700