I have now been representing myself in a dui case,can i still ask for a public defender in my case?

Asked about 1 year ago - Fernandina Beach, FL

Im up for a vop due to monatary obligations

1. Amir A. Ladan

Pro

18

Answered . Yes, you can ask the court appoint you a PD for the VOP. You'll need to fill out an affidavit of insolvency and the court will make a determination whether you qualify for the appointment of the PD.

Best of luck!

2. Justin Gary Hausler

14

Answered . The only thing standing between you and the appointment of a public defender is a financial affidavit.

3. Nick Jay Dorsten

13

Answered . You can ask for a public defender at any time and if you qualify, one may be appointed to your case.
    Good luck

4. Andrew Michael Bonderud

9

Answered . Yes, you are entitled to a public defender.

If you'd like to speak about the facts of your case, I would be happy to provide a free consultation.

Sincerely,
    Andrew M. Bonderud, Esq.
    The Bonderud Law Firm, P.A.
    Office: 904-438-8082

5. Eugene Bullard Nichols

9

Answered . please be very careful. Judge Poole is new to the bench and you should get someone who knows him well and knows the system up there. I am happy to talk to you, please dont hesitate to call.

Gene

6. Margaret Mary Gutierrez

6

Answered . Yes, you may still apply for the services of a public defender. I encourage you to retain an attorney to represent you.