I have not received a decision on my N-400 application since my interview in September 2011. Hopefully someone can advise me.

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

I recently found out that there was an issue with my application. I was issued a conditional green card. My wife and I applied to take the conditions off and it was done without a second interview. We then divorced and we seemed to have accidentally put on the application to remove conditions that we were still living together but we were separated. I obtained my green card in 2004 and we did not divorce till 2007. I went in for a quick interview and confirmed all the dates and the officer said that it's good that i did not deny anything but the issue was that the original application was not correct. Has anyone come across this issue and if so what is typically the result. Could my green card be taken away and can my N-400 be denied? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

1. Jacqueline Delgado

6

1

Answered . First of all only a judge can take your green card away therefore you could possibly be referred to immigration court. The good thing is you were honest about the misstatement on the application. They could possibly ask you to provide proof that you were in fact living together at the time of the filing the I-751 through a request for evidence on the N-400. If this happens you should hire an attorney to write a brief along with the response to the request for evidence. Good luck!

Jacqueline Delgado

This answer is provided for informational purposes only. This answer does not constitute legal advice, create an attorney-client relationship, or constitute attorney advertising. less

2. F. J. Capriotti III

5

1

Answered . Meet with an attorney ... some immigration officers can make a 'big deal' of this 'untruth' on your I-751.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

5

1

Answered . All you have to to is wait for the decision and then take the appropriate legal venue.

4. Irene Vaisman

4

1

Answered . The answers to your questions are: "yes" and "yes". Hard to know what happened at your interview without being present there. You can certainly schedule an Info Pass and go to the district office in inquire about your case.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.