I have not lived in the US for years , am retirement age and married for two years to Jamaican citizen. What visa do I need?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I have not lived in the USA for over 45 years never worked and am now retirement age. I wish to go to the US now and live. My husband of over two years works where we live has some funds and is 50 years old. He has many siblings in the US who are citizens. What visa should I try to get for him as he will want to travel to and from Jamaica to visit his children etc. Does getting an immigrant visa or green card restrict your ability to travel out of the USA?

I am a US citizen and a British Citizen. He has a British multri entry visa.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . You can sponsor your husband for a green card.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . If you are a US citizen you just need to come back and you can file for your husband to immigrate.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

2

Answered . If you are a US citizen, you can file for your husband for him to get his green card. At some point you will need to come back. he will need a financial joint sponsor because you do not work

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.