I have not lived in the US for years , am retirement age and married for two years to Jamaican citizen. What visa do I need?

Miami, FL |

I have not lived in the USA for over 45 years never worked and am now retirement age. I wish to go to the US now and live. My husband of over two years works where we live has some funds and is 50 years old. He has many siblings in the US who are citizens. What visa should I try to get for him as he will want to travel to and from Jamaica to visit his children etc. Does getting an immigrant visa or green card restrict your ability to travel out of the USA?

I am a US citizen and a British Citizen. He has a British multri entry visa.

1. If you are a US citizen you just need to come back and you can file for your husband to immigrate.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. If you are a US citizen, you can file for your husband for him to get his green card. At some point you will need to come back. he will need a financial joint sponsor because you do not work

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. You can sponsor your husband for a green card.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.