I have no money for a laywer, I have been abused, cut off from family, money, food, ins, phone. I

Asked over 1 year ago - Birmingham, AL

Married for over 1 yr. He has been abusing me for the last 5 months. cut off my phone so I would have no contact with my family, Cut off food, ins. money. He took all money out of bank. He would bring in food for him and his daughter and eat it in front of me. I am with my family now. Had to be put in the hospital for 2 days from starvasion. I have nothing. I have a restraining order againist him I am scared of what he might do. I would like for him to have to pay for all medical bills, laywer fees, and I want have of everything he owns. Please help me. Please. I need a pro-bono laywer that will help me in Birmingham Al. I'm having to use my mothers computer.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lois R Beasley-Carlisle


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Call legal services at 328-3540 or 1-866-456-4995 or apply on line at http://www.legalservicesalabama.org/ the Birmingham Bar Assocation at 205) 251-2231 and they may assist you with this request.

    There are many factors that can affect how best to handle this matter and the best advise is usually to hire an... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Domestic violence and divorce

Divorce is always an option for someone who is being abused by his or her spouse. The freedom to leave your marriage is an American right.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,687 answers this week

2,709 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,687 answers this week

2,709 attorneys answering