I have no monetary means to have a lawyer to represent on my divorce. Can I have a fair trial in court by representing myself?

Henderson, NV |

My spouse filed for divorce I have custody of my three kids. My spouse is employed and has representation. Retired military and works as a paramedic. Court ordered for him to pay monthly and does not pay the full amount and I'm unemployed and married to him for 19 yrs.

The odds are not in your favor. If you represent yourself you are presumed to have the same knowledge an attorney would possess. Getting documents admitted into evidence or questioning a witness can be very challenging if you do not know how to properly do so.

I would suggest checking with a pro bono agency or legal aid society to see if you qualify for assistance.

Very unlikely. Look for an unbundled attorney to at least settle the case. You will probably need to make some pretty big concessions.

Note that the Family Support Division of the District Attorney's office can assist you on the child support portion at virtually no cost to you