I have no attorney. Do I need to get my Income & Expense Dec stamped by the clerk BEFORE serving on respondent in my case?

Long Beach, CA |

I can't remember if I can serve an unconformed / stamped Income & Expense Dec on OP , and at the same time have the original filed / conformed with the court . Please advise , thanks .

1. You sever the documents then file them. So, the served documents will not have a court stamp.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

2. You do not have to serve "conformed" (stamped) copies.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

3. I agree with counsel. You need to have served the documents before filing. You also need to make sure you have a proof of service signed by someone over 18 and not a party to the action attached to the original filed with the court. some clerks will kick your papers back if no proof of service is attached to the document you attempt to file. The copy of the proof of service should als be served with the document as well.

Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, as each situation is fact specific, and it is not possible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and court pleadings filed in the case. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

4. No. Its the opposite. You cause (by third-party server) the I&E to be served, then file it with a completed proof of service with the court

5. Thanks for being honest. Your answer is "no". You opponent has the burden of getting a "stamp-filed" copy of (s)he wants one. But, you can file your I&ED and then serve a copy if you wish.

Child support topics