I have NJ licence and got seat belt ticket in NY, do I get points on my NJ licence.

Asked about 2 years ago - Teaneck, NJ

1. Mark M Cheser

1

Answered . I do not believe so. In NJ it is a 0 point ticket and the compact indicates that the home State treat it as if the event happened here. But in NY I think it has points so 2 points may come over. I wish I could be of more help.

2. Stuart M Nachbar

Pro

1

Answered . While I agree with Mark Cheser, I also believe that this is a duplicate question.

3. Daniel Alexander Jimenez

1

Answered . As Attorney Cheser indicated, New Jersey and New York share information. In New York a seatbelt ticket can result in three points, however, since a seatbelt ticket in New jersey seems to be a non point generating offense I am unsure whether New Jersey could assign two points for an out of state violation.