I have NJ licence and got seat belt ticket in NY, do I get points on my NJ licence.

Teaneck, NJ |

1. I do not believe so. In NJ it is a 0 point ticket and the compact indicates that the home State treat it as if the event happened here. But in NY I think it has points so 2 points may come over. I wish I could be of more help.

2. As Attorney Cheser indicated, New Jersey and New York share information. In New York a seatbelt ticket can result in three points, however, since a seatbelt ticket in New jersey seems to be a non point generating offense I am unsure whether New Jersey could assign two points for an out of state violation.

This communication is neither a solicitation nor an offer to represent you. The information provided to you in this communication is not intended to create and does not create a lawyer-client relationship with the Law Office of Daniel A. Jimenez P.C.

3. While I agree with Mark Cheser, I also believe that this is a duplicate question.

The previous information is solely for informational purposes only. If you have further questions, please contact an attorney in your area for more specific answers. Responding to your question in no way creates an attorney/client relationship, and none of the specific guarantees of privacy exist. If you have found this information helpful, kindly check the "helpful" box.

Traffic tickets topics