Skip to main content

I have named as a co defendant and received a summons into court for a vehicle accident that I was not involved in .

Lancaster, OH |

The car, which I consigned for my daughter was paid off before the accident occurred. Her husband was driving the car. Their insurance is representing them and will probably settle with the plaintiff? The plaintiff is suing for $25,000. Do I need to hire a lawyer to represent me since I have been summoned? They have my address listed on the summons as my daughter's address.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Contact your insurance carrier and they will assign you a lawyer to defend you.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at


Send copies of all of the documents to your insurance carrier today. They will defend you.


The insurance will handle it.


I agree - contact your insurance carrier and request that they handle the matter.


Simply turn the papers over to your insurance company, and they will provide a lawyer to defend.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


I completely agree- the insurance company will appoint a lawyer to defend you. Just contact them and provide them with all the necessary paperwork and information.

Michael Lewis Eisner

Michael Lewis Eisner


If you don't have insurance or they won't cover you for the claims, you will have to file a responsive pleading to avoid default judgment.

Lawsuits and disputes topics

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer