I have my i601 wavier approved for illgeLy entry i did a new medical and was sent a 221g white letter to get a court récord

Charleston, SC |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

sending that paper in will i be able to get my cr1 visa the court record was for failuer to appear 1 time minor doméstica violence with current wife it that we left to come to méxico my mom was bad off sick thank you

1. You're going to want to have a lawyer review the 221g letter, the conviction itself and determine if there are other issues arising from that criminal case.

2. I agree with Atty Eichorn.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. You need to consult an attorney. Depending on what your criminal records reveal you cold be in jeopardy of having your waiver revoked for failing to properly disclose criminal issues. An attorney can review the 221(g) notice, obtain the appropriate records and prepare a response to the Embassy.

While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

4. Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Depending on whether you wer convicted of the charge and how immigration law interprets the state charge, you may or may not have a serious problem.