I have my i601 wavier approved for illgeLy entry i did a new medical and was sent a 221g white letter to get a court récord

Asked over 1 year ago - Charleston, SC

sending that paper in will i be able to get my cr1 visa the court record was for failuer to appear 1 time minor doméstica violence with current wife it that we left to come to méxico my mom was bad off sick thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Atty Eichorn.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Philip Alan Eichorn

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You're going to want to have a lawyer review the 221g letter, the conviction itself and determine if there are other issues arising from that criminal case.

  3. Jeffrey Adam Devore

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to consult an attorney. Depending on what your criminal records reveal you cold be in jeopardy of having your waiver revoked for failing to properly disclose criminal issues. An attorney can review the 221(g) notice, obtain the appropriate records and prepare a response to the Embassy.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for... more
  4. Carlos Andres Lopez

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Consult with an attorney as soon as possible. Depending on whether you wer convicted of the charge and how immigration law interprets the state charge, you may or may not have a serious problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,376 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,376 answers this week

2,921 attorneys answering