I have my first probation meeting coming up. will they drug test me BEFORE the probation meeting?

Clarkston, MI |
Filed under: Juvenile law

i pleaded guilty for retail fraud 3rd degree for a shirt i took that was $24. they gave me h.y.t.a and i'm on probation for a year. my first probation meeting with my probation officer is march 15th. are they going to have me come in and do a urinalysis before that? or is the point of the probation meeting to tell me how probation works and then test me that day and on?

More than likely they will have you take a drug test at the time of your probation meeting but the court does have the power to make you come in at any time. Be careful! If you test positive the first time, so long as the level of the drug doesn't indicate recent use, that is usually not a problem. What they will want to know is that your levels are decreasing or are eliminated.

Click on the picture to see the profile of the lawyer answering your question. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Mr. Loren Dickstein, Esq.
3000 Town Center, Ste. 1310
Southfield, MI 48075
(248) 263-6800
Fax: (248) 357-1371

If you haven't been tested while on bond you should expect to be tested at your first probation report day and randomly thereafter. If you test positive a baseline will be established and any future test should show a reduction in the level or completely clean. If not, you could be subject to probation violation.

I have an office in Clarkston right next to the court if you would like to speak to a local attorney.

Shaun Marks
248 620 7166

Juvenile law topics