I have my first Calendar hearing for my referred asylum case to the immigration judge on September 4 2012.

Hawthorne, CA |

I have not been able to get a lawyer to defend me since I am financially down at the moment. I will like to know if going alone for the first calendar hearing will affect me negatively. Will the Judge it stop my asylum clock and make me ineligible to apply for a work permit if I ask for an extension? Is it possible to go alone for the first Calendar hearing alone and then get a lawyer later on for the master hearing? Please advice me on this issue and where can I get a very affordable lawyer. It has been very had for me to get a pro bono lawyer.

1. It is never wise to go to court without a lawyer. There are low cost lawyers in most communities, seek them out.

2. It is up to the Judge but most will give more time, however, it seems you have some time to find an attorney since your hearing is over a month away.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. Yes, you can go alone/. The court will likely give you time to obtain a lawyer and give you a list of pro bono organizations
    Remember, the government has lawyers paid to try to remove you... hire a lawyer to advocate for you

www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/