I have lots of evidence of harassment and stalking of a man, i filed restraining order..He got a lawyer do i need one too

Asked over 1 year ago - Douglasville, GA

I have emails, text messages, voicemail messages and witnesses to state this individual was harassing me and stalking me. I also have police reports..Do I still need a lawyer since he has one

1. Jesse Cole Kent

Pro

4

Answered . The evidence you is meaningless unless you know how to present it. You do not get to just "unload" your evidence onto the judge. It must be presented properly and you must know how to get that evidence admitted even when there are objections to the evidence you intend to introduce. Do you need a lawyer? Yes.

2. Carl Santos Cansino

4

Answered . Court hearings are formal proceedings. You will be at a great disadvantage if you do not have an attorney representing you because you may not know how to properly present what evidence you have. The Judge cannot give legal advise to you.

Hire an attorney.

3. Lee William Fitzpatrick

3

Answered . This person is harassing and stalking you to the point that you want the legal system to stop him. Don't you want to take every step possible to make sure that you win? Whether he had a lawyer or not, you should have one. Legal proceedings are complicated and the consequences are serious. Get a lawyer.