I have Liver Cancer & waiting on Transplant. I live 150+ miles from Hospital. Can creditor repossess ?

Del Rio, TX |

My vehicle is in danger of being repossed, this is the only vehicle I have to commute for treatment. I am on a Transplant List due to my Liver Cancer. Is there anything I can do to save my vehicle due to dire circumstances? I live with a relative, and depend on SS retirement and a very small employment income. Is there anything I can do to keep my vehicle?

I am sorry to hear of your circumstances. Your illness is not a defense or excuse for failure to perform the loan agreement. But, there could be technical defects in the loan documents or a failure by the creditor to follow the law on repossession. You should contact the legal aid organization in your county. You can find them through the local bar association if they are not listed under legal aid.

DISCLAIMER: This is not specific legal advice and does not establish an attorney/client relationship.