I have lived in this appartment for about a year now new people have taken it over and thay say it is now a hotel

Madison, TN |
Filed under: Landlord-tenant

i have lived in this appartment for about one year now new owners have taken it over and thay say it is a hotel and thay will change the locks and kick me out if im as much as one day late with my rent i rented this as an appartment not a hotel from the previous oweners..and i have signd nothing with these new owners..what are my rights?

Consult a landlord/tenant attorney. The new owners should have taken the apartment subject to any written lease you had with the prior landlord.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

there was no lease it was week to week or month to month either way i wanted to pay.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant