I have lived at a particular apartment for 6 months - for the last two months I have been asking about my renwel as I signed a

Asked almost 2 years ago - Dallas, TX

6 months lease. I was told today that my lease will not be renewed, as there was a complaint aginst me - but the would not say what kind of complaint - I have till the 28th to vacate -
Can yuo tell me if I have any recourse - I have paid my rent on time each month

1. Becky Pham Tran

Answered . If your lease agreement terminated by its own terms at the end of 6 months, the landlord may choose not to renew your lease for any reason so long as he/she does not illegally retaliate or discriminate against you. Also, if your lease agreement requires that you give written notice to the landlord of your intent to renew and you make a phone call, that will not be sufficient. You should look over your lease agreement to see if there was anything you failed to do with respect to the renewal of your lease.