I have L2 EAD valid upto Aug 2012 my visa will expire on oct 2012 and I 94 in march 2013, will I get L2 EAd Extension Approval?

San Francisco, CA |

If approved than is it upto oct 2012 or march 2013

1. Your I-94 governs your status in the US.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. You should receive an EAD through 3/13.

3. Your visa stamp date is not important (as long as you don't travel internationally) it is the I-94 and your I-129L approval that are important. The date of expiration will depend on what date was written on the I-129L application.

Franco Capriotti - Senior Legal Counsel - Capriotti International Law
    SKYPE CONSULTATIONS AVAILABLE - franco@capriotti.com - www.capriotti.com
    We are not geographically limited ==> Our licenses allow us to represent people worldwide.

Contact the American Immigration Lawyers Association www.aila.org for a referral to an experienced immigration attorney. NOTE: They also have referrals to low/no-cost attorneys. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

4. You should get the extended EAD to March 2013. The visa is only an entry document and does not govern the length of your stay in the U.S. The I-94 does that, and the EAD can be issued for the time left on the I-94.

This is only a preliminary response to an inquiry, based on incomplete information. Helpful advice and counsel can only be provided after you have discussed your case with Mr. Bach, he is familiar with all of the circumstances of your case, and the advice is provided in writing. Any opinion provided here should not be relied upon for any purpose. No attorney/client relationship is formed until you have formally retained our law firm to represent you. We are not responsible for any action or lack of action you take based on this preliminary response.