I have Knowledge of a fraudulently filed bankruptcy

Asked over 1 year ago - Wheat Ridge, CO

I have knowledge of a fraudulently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by a former business associate who has Locked up over 100K worth of property we purchase when we were working together over a two year period. I found out he Never listed this property and is now demanding I pay him 60 thousand dollars in cash if I want to get any of my personal belongings back or the property of two restaurants who were storing there furniture there until they finished there renovation. He is also calling my customers and telling them I retired and he is the New owner. He also has my 50,000 set of snap-on tools in he personal garage and will not return them.

1. Robin Kert Hunt

10

Answered . For the US Trustee's web page about bankruptcy fraud, go to http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/fraud/index.htm Pay attention to the advisements.

With what's at stake for you and your property, consulting first with an experienced bankruptcy attorney licensed to practice in your state may be a good idea.

If you want to know more about the meaning of certain key words used in bankruptcy, see the federal courts' web site for a glossary of bankruptcy terms: http://www.uscourts.gov/Common/Glossary.aspx.

2. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

9

Answered . You need a lawyer immediately. It appears that not only tens of thousands of property is at issue, but your ongoing business. It is not something to resolve on a general information website and it needs to be handled sooner and not later.

3. Richard Edmund Hawkins

Pro

9

Answered . As Mr. Hunt said, inform the office of the United States Trustee.

If he is still in the Chapter 11, you should have an experienced bankruptcy attorney jump in on your behalf before dealing with the personal property.

If he is not, then you still need civil legal assistance, and the police may be able to help recover your property.