I have Knowledge of a fraudulently filed bankruptcy

Wheat Ridge, CO |

I have knowledge of a fraudulently filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy filed by a former business associate who has Locked up over 100K worth of property we purchase when we were working together over a two year period. I found out he Never listed this property and is now demanding I pay him 60 thousand dollars in cash if I want to get any of my personal belongings back or the property of two restaurants who were storing there furniture there until they finished there renovation. He is also calling my customers and telling them I retired and he is the New owner. He also has my 50,000 set of snap-on tools in he personal garage and will not return them.

You need a lawyer immediately. It appears that not only tens of thousands of property is at issue, but your ongoing business. It is not something to resolve on a general information website and it needs to be handled sooner and not later.

For the US Trustee's web page about bankruptcy fraud, go to http://www.justice.gov/ust/eo/fraud/index.htm Pay attention to the advisements.

With what's at stake for you and your property, consulting first with an experienced bankruptcy attorney licensed to practice in your state may be a good idea.

If you want to know more about the meaning of certain key words used in bankruptcy, see the federal courts' web site for a glossary of bankruptcy terms: http://www.uscourts.gov/Common/Glossary.aspx.

My law firm is a federally designated debt relief agency and helps people in Colorado file for bankruptcy relief under chapters 7 and 13 of the Bankruptcy Code.

Diane L Gruber

Diane L Gruber

Bankruptcy fraud is taken very seriously by the Feds. If prove, the bankruptcy debtor is in BIG trouble.

Rebecca Mccormick Pepin

Rebecca Mccormick Pepin

This is excellent advice. Mr. Hunt has given you the information to report the fraud, but ALSO the caution to read carefully about what you are doing, and if you don't understand any of the words, to make sure you absolutely understand the repercussions of your actions by looking up the definitions before you act. Please talk to an attorney yourself before doing this because you may need to file something to state you are a joint owner of those assets before the Bankruptcy court sells them all to settle the other person's debt.

As Mr. Hunt said, inform the office of the United States Trustee.

If he is still in the Chapter 11, you should have an experienced bankruptcy attorney jump in on your behalf before dealing with the personal property.

If he is not, then you still need civil legal assistance, and the police may be able to help recover your property.

Business topics