I have kaiser insurance should I go there first or go straight to a chiropractor if my upper back feels tense?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakley, CA

I got into an accident on the 24th of December an now my back feels tense and its now the 29th.

1. Steven Mark Sweat

11

Answered . You can go to your primary care physician first but, most likely, with Kaiser, they will do an examination, possibly prescribe some pain medication, and not much else. They may be able to give you a prescription for physical therapy but, oftentimes, they don't. If you retain an attorney, he or she can assist you in finding an M.D. and/or Licensed Physical Therapist that may be willing to treat you on a "lien" basis (i.e. agree to not be paid until the case settles). Usually, the case will have more value treating with an MD and/or LPT rather than a Chiropractor. Any further delay in treatment will delay healing and will severely devalue the case so, you should act quickly.

2. Frank Marvin Nunes

10

Answered . I would go to Kaiser first for an examination and whatever other tests the Kaiser doctors prescribe, like CT, MRI, or x-ray. Ask if they can refer you to a chiropractor in the Kaiser system. If not then take any films to a chiropractor of your choosing.

If you are going to make a claim for bodily injuries, it must be settled or a lawsuit filed before the second anniversary of your injury or else you will be barred from seeking compensation for your injuries.

3. Norman Gregory Fernandez

Pro

9

Answered . If the accident was not your fault you need to retain car accident attorney like me. My firm handles car accident cases in Oakley and all over California. You may call me for a free consultation at 800-816-1529 x.1.

4. Paul J Molinaro

Pro

9

Answered . When a person is injured in an accident or otherwise, it is prudent to seek the advice of a physician. If the injury is simple musculoskeletal and needs some chiropractic manipulation, the competent physician will recommend such. Injured and sick people should be treated by physicians, but I could be a bit biased in such an opinion. ;)

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com
    "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.

** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

5. Jonathan Craig Reed

Pro

7

Answered . From what you have written I assume Kaiser will treat you conservatively and will want to get paid back out of any settlement you make, but that their bills will be reasonably conservative. A chiropractor will treat you on a lien basis, probably running up bigger bills. But I am making a lot of guesses because there are so many variables not addressed in your short question.

I agree with the other attorneys who have answered that it will be to your benefit to handle this claim through a personal injury attorney, not by yourself, even after taking into account the lawyer's fee. Athough I am licensced to practice law in California, I am based in Las Vegas and only take larger California cases so you can consider my advice in this matter unbiased because I am not seeking your business.

6. Jeffrey Edmund Estes

3

Answered . If you were injured in a car accident, then you should go to a doctor or medical provider. If you have not yet gone, you should immediately make an appointment with your primary care doctor at Kaiser. If you are in severe or substantial pain go to Urgen Care at Kaiser. That way, you will not only get treatment but you will document your injury. It is more difficult to resolve a personal injury claim when there is a gap in treatment from the time of the accident.
    If you are persistant, Kaiser will have to offer you treatment which includes physical therapy, etc.,

7. Michael Ryan Juarez

3

Answered . If you have not done so already go to Kaiser for an evaluation of your injury. While there ask for a referral to a licensed physical therapist. Good luck.