I have just reported a case of individual marriage fraud. Will ICE/USCIS investigate?

Asked about 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I supplied written documents between the two individuals involved in the fake marriage, confirming all the financial details, business arrangement, amount of money agreed in exchange for a green card. The man has been married 3 times in the US previously, he is from the UK. He is a permanent US resident, and is about to receive citizenship next month. They have a lawyer dealing with the financial transfers. I sent copies of all written documents to ICE and USCIS. Will they investigate?

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

2

1

Answered . Based on my experience I believe they will - or at least your letter (if it properly identifies the person(s) involved) will end up in his file at the time of his naturalization interview and may be a topic of discussion.

If a lawyer was involved the investigation will include (and maybe will focus) on him or her. That's "red meat" for ICE or CIS - as it should be.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . That is entirely up to the government.

3. Emily Katherine Allen

1

1

Answered . Can't say for sure whether they will, but if you sent as much evidence as it sounds like you did, I hope they do!