I have just received papers from an old car insurance company that I used to have coverage under and I am being sued.

Asked about 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

I am being sued under rule 3.740 collections. I had been in a car accident when I was with this company but everything was settled and i never heard anything from them again. I am being sued out of nowhere and I am in need of a lawyer. I am not able to afford one at the moment and am looking for any advice or lawyer that is willing to help.

1. David Lee Fiol

12

Answered . The rule you cite governs collection cases for not paying your bills and can not have anything to do with liability for a car accident.

2. Ilya Demetrios Frangos

Pro

11

Answered . I would consider looking into the lawyer referral network of the Sacramento County Bar Association or the Volunteer Legal Services Program in Sacramento to help you with this issue. You will need to provide more facts regarding the circumstances surrounding this collections case.

3. Glenn Stephen Guenard

Pro

11

Answered . You should contact the Community Legal Services Program at McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento. If you qualify financially they will provide free legal representation by law students who are supervised by lawyers/professors. If they can't help you, ask for a referral to someone who can. Good luck.

4. Steven Robert Samples

12

Answered . Agree that you should look for a volunteer attorney.

5. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

11

Answered . Contact the Sacramento or California Bar Associations to see if they have a pro bono or Volunteer Lawyer program that could assist you.

Pro

9

Answered . Have a local pro bono lawyer investigate