I have just had a background check performed and found out that I have a warrant issued from 346 Broadway from 1995

New York, NY |

The background is that in 1995 I was bartending in NYC and there was a disturbance at the bar. The police were called and as the manager I was issued two summons, one was for ABC 106.1 and one was for ABC 65.1. In 1995 I went to court, met with a judge and had the 106.1 summons cleared and I paid a fine...I have now found out that there were two summons and either the court did not properly clear both from my appearance or I did not realize that I had to set up two court appearances...but both summons were issued from the same event, on the same day, with consecutive ticket numbers. I now live out of state and would like to have this properly dealt with, without a criminal record. I would like an attorney to goto 346 broadway and clear this for me.

1. Most likely the summonses were scheduled for one day but found in different spots in the calendar call so maybe you did not hear your name called a second time. It should be something that an experienced New York criminal defense attorney will be able to take care of for you.

2. I do this all the time. I am a former prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense for over 16 years. Please check out my web site.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. I have been in that court for 30 years and it is possible to waive your appearance, get the case called, and get an ACD or other dismissal, but there are no promises on results. The fee would be reasonable as it would likely take just an hour or two.I am rated "10.0 superb" on Avvo, check out the Avvo listing and my website to find out more about my office.
    John J. Carney Esq. 917 696 2363