I have just completed my means test for bankruptcy and got my certificate ,how do i know if im still eligible for a chapter 7

Asked about 2 years ago - Sapulpa, OK

On the certificate it states an agency puruant to 11 u.s.c. $ 111 does that mean i have to file a chapter 11 i am just a normal worker i dont have a business i work for a company i dont own it

1. Robert A. Stumpf

2

1

Answered . no, that does't mean you have to file chapter 11. It's simply the title number of the United States Code that's relevant to bankruptcy. I am sure the choice for you is between 7 and 13, though I don't know what your income or situation is.

2. Stephen M Trezza

Pro

2

Answered . i Think you completed the mandatory credit counseling class which had nothing to do with your eligibility for chapter 7.

3. Deborah F Bowinski

1

Answered . It sounds as though you have done your credit counseling. The means test is something completely different. It is part of the forms that must be completed and files at the court when a case is opened. It is complicated. I recommend that you retain counsel to assist you - it is challenging to file on your own, and it can be filled with pitfalls for the unwary.

4. Eric Charles Lewis

1

Answered . I truly hope you are not doing this on your own. You may lose property, money, and other assets if your bankruptcy is not done right. Eligibility is only part of the equation and the means test alone is not the only thing to consider. It sounds like you complete your mandatory credit counseling, but have a lot of work to do yet.