I have just been denied my O-1 petition for the 2nd time, but I have been selected DV2014. What's next?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Immigration

My denial letter was issued sometime last week or early this week. My lawyer doesn't have time for me until Monday, but I'm going crazy! Should I go back to my native country Japan and pursue Consular Processing or Adjustment of Status by applying for something like P-1? If I choose CP (which I'm more inclining toward to) does that make me out of status? Do I have to leave right away? Thank you so much!!!

Assuming that you are now out-of-status, you have no choice but to consular process.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration